Please read: Before you book:
A non residential retreat is a rare chance to spend time away from our devices, stress and city strife. It is an opportunity to relax, as well as to find inspiration and to challenge yourself.
While on retreat we aim to create a peaceful atmosphere, free from distraction, that is conducive to deepening practice. We will ask you to help us maintain this environment in several ways. If any of these will be problematic for you, please contact us before you book.
- We ask all attendees to turn off (not just on flight mode) mobile phones and other similar devices.
- Our Centre is meat, smoke, drug and alcohol free. Please do not bring any meat, fish, alcohol or drugs.
Your Welfare & Safety
We want you to have a safe and enjoyable time on retreat with us. If any of the following applies, please contact us before you book so that we can make sure we will be able to accommodate you in the best way possible:
- You have any physical, emotional or clinical mental health difficulties that may affect your participation in the retreat.
- You have any dietary requirements other than being gluten free or have a nut allergy.
- You are under 18 years old.
- There is anything else we may need to be aware of to ensure you get the most out of your retreat experience.
- If you are feeling unwell before the retreat or have been in close contact with a confirmed or suspected case, please do not come on retreat. We will offer a full refund if you are unwell.
- Please maintain good hand hygiene and cough etiquette while on retreat.
Terms and Conditions:
By booking on this retreat, you understand/consent to the following:
- Wellington Buddhist Centre is collecting the booking information for the purposes of running the retreat. All personal data is stored on a secure server. Any information stored off the server will be destroyed after the retreat. Please see our privacy statement for further details.
- I understand I have the right to withdraw from the retreat at any stage.
- I understand the Wellington Buddhist Centre accepts no responsibility for any damage or loss to property during your stay at the Centre (or during the journey to/from).
- I will endeavour to follow the 5 precepts / training principles;
- Not killing or causing harm to other living beings.
- Not taking the not-given.
- Avoiding sexual misconduct.
- Avoiding false speech.
- Abstaining from drink and drugs that cloud the mind.
Please see our training principles document for more clarification.