Our Response to COVID-19
This page outlines the Wellington Buddhist Centre's strategies for managing our activities during the outbreak of 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19). It will be reviewed regularly and updated as necessary.
Last updated: 21st March
Unfortunately all public classes at the Wellington Buddhist Centre have been cancelled while we are in the evolving Covid-19 crisis
What We Are Doing
We are arranging to have some alternative online classes through Facebook, YouTube and Zoom. This may take a couple of weeks, so please bear with us. All details of these will be posted on the appropriate page of this website.
Practising At Home
If you do need to stay home, these resources are available to support your practice.
- Our Facebook page will post talks and material from other centres.
- London Buddhist Centre's YouTube channel shows recent talks.
- Free Buddhist Audio provides talks and guided meditations.
- Wildmind provides online resources for meditation practice.
- Windhorse Publications provides eBooks which can also be accessed through the Kindle Store and iBooks.
The outbreak of COVID-19 is a graphic reminder of the interconnectedness of all life. It is also a reminder to apply the Buddha’s teachings to respond with kindness, clarity and patience. We would like to extend mettā and well-wishing to all beings, especially to those who have been affected in any way, and offer our support through these uncertain times.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us email@example.com